Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Setting an Example


No matter how hard I try to stop it, my sons are growing up. Now I know they are only 7 and 4, but I worry about the pressures they will soon face to join the greater non-Christian culture. Society's call to fit in usually requires some unsavory behaviors, like promiscuity, drug use and profanity. I was a teenager once, and I made some bad choices...I did many things that I would never do now that Christ is guiding my life. I pray that my boys will not turn down the wide path of sin that fills our culture today, but that they will take the less travelled, narrow path with Christ.

1Timothy 4:12 Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.

No comments:

Post a Comment