Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Backyard Patio and Fire Pit

Since my boys had outgrown their old metal swing set, we decided to pull it out and build a patio. Well...I decided and recruited my husband. The swing set came out easy, but digging the yard up for the patio and fire pit was quite a job. My awesome hubby did most of the heavy digging, then we leveled the soil and edged the area with rock. 

For the fire pit, we dug deeper and put down concrete blocks. Then we used more rock to outline the fire pit. Lastly, we filled the entire patio with pea gravel. The only cost we had with this project was the pea gravel, as the rock was collected from a roadside near our house.

 





Linking to:
Under the Table and Dreaming
Craftomaniac
The Girl Creative

Somewhat Simple
HookingupwithHoH

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! Ryan & I were thinking about doing something similar.....we have a huge area of our yard that we can't get grass to grow in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish my backyard was big enough for even a small firepit. Sadly it's not :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great...I am so in need of something like this in our backyard. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh I'm dying for a fire pit in our back yard. Fingers crossed for a nice bonus this year and we're furnishing the patio! Please come link to my party this weekend =) http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/06/vip-party-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! Your bog is really cute!


    Stopping by from the hop and am your newest follower! I also just started a new community for bloggers we would love to have you stop by: http://www.blogaholicnetwork.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie - I love what you have done with this space. So prefect for many awesome summer nights! Love the rock fire pit. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase. I am a little behind commenting - as I have featured this last week. Hope you are enjoying your weekend ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete