Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

My New Craft Room

I am forever changing things in my house. My husband teases me that everyday he comes home from work, something is different! That is so not true...at least not everyday!
One of my latest re-do's was my crafting space. For several years I worked out of our family room, but I was never truly satisfied with my crafting area. It took up alot of my kids play space and never had the look I wanted.I have 2 kids and live in a 3 bedroom house, so really I was lucky to have any crafting space at all! Well....about 6 months ago my boys decided that they wanted bunk beds. In order to do this they would have to share a bedroom...right? So that would free up a bedroom for a craft room ;). Check it out!Now I have a work table and a separate sewing station. My work table is a sofa table from my mom that I spray painted black. For the sewing station, I re purposed an oak laminate computer desk. All it needed was some primer and white paint.
I inherited the chairs from my grandmother. They belong to a patio set. The other 4 chairs and the table are on my back porch. I wasn't too fond of the original pea green color, so a little spray paint transformed the heavy metal frames and an outdoor zebra fabric jazzed up the once green floral cushions.
I have alot of craft stuff, but I don't want to look at it all the time. These boxes are PERFECT for hiding all my supplies. I work in an office, so I was able to claim all of these empty envelope boxes. The heavy cardboard makes them very sturdy. A roll of wrapping paper from Hobby Lobby and viola...lovely storage boxes!I make pendants and other jewelry, so I always have chains laying around. I needed a place to hang supplies and works in progress, so I added cork sheets to these old picture frames for an inexpensive solution. I used the pegboard from my old craft area. I just painted it black.
I need to add some wall art and accessories for the room to really be done, but I have a good start and love my new work room!

No comments:

Post a Comment