Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fabric Flower Centerpiece

I love those organza flowers you see all over and I LOVE the color turquoise, so when I can combine both into one project, I am pretty happy!  I made this centerpiece for my kitchen table a while back, but it is still one of my favorite projects ever.  Of course, it took me forever to make the many petals and flowers.
After I made about 30 flowers and sewed pearl beads onto the centers, I glued them on an old Chuck E Cheese basketball that we had laying around.  I didn't have to cover the bottom of the ball with flowers because it sits on a vase.  I inherited the vintage cut-glass vase from my grandma and I think it looks beautiful with these flowers.

Linked up to:

1 comment:

  1. I'm coming to you by way of TaterTots and Jello! I love that you used the Chuck E.Cheese Ball in the center! What a great idea. Those Styrofoam balls can get pricey. I will definitely remember that next time! It looks great on your table!

    ReplyDelete