Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Yard Sale Find

I usually don't have good luck at yard sales, because I'm a late shopper.  I work until noon on Saturdays and, by then, all the good stuff is gone.  I did make it to a sale on my way to work once, and I am so glad I did!   Of course I forgot to take a before picture, but close your eyes and get a mental picture:  a white wicker chair, with faded navy blue cushions.  Now open your eyes and behold the after!
The first thing I did was paint the chair black with a glossy spray paint.  The cushions were in good shape besides the sun-bleached fabric, so I made slipcovers to match my decor.  The seat cushion is a pale yellow and the back pillow is an awesome black, white, and gray outdoor fabric.  I love that pattern!
I put my finished chair in my little sun-nook in my kitchen.  I curl up with a cup of coffee and my Bible in the morning...what a way to start the day!

Linked to:
Visit thecsiproject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment