Thursday, July 14, 2011

Zebra Lampshade

I have been on a lampshade kick lately.  I needed this one for a lamp in our family room.
I had already covered it once using gold fabric, but it didn't go with the new color scheme.  When I covered it the first time, I put out my fabric and carefully rolled the shade over it, tracing the top and bottom as I went along.  After cutting and trimming, I had the shape of the frame.  I am not going to lie...covering this shape of frame can be a pain in the butt!
I grabbed my hot glue gun and attached the fabric around the frame.  To finish the edges, I glued down some black ribbon.  Then,  I added a few rosettes that I had made previously.  It looks so cute!!

Linking up to:
HookingupwithHoH

No comments:

Post a Comment